Midland High School Athletic Booster Club
2017-2018 School Year
The Midland High School Athletic Booster Club (MHS ABC) exists to support athletes and athletic programs at Midland High School. The 2017-18 school year is about to get underway so we would like to take this opportunity to introduce our new MHS ABC Board and inform you of our upcoming meetings. A summary of last year’s booster club activities is also provided to give you an idea of what the booster club was able to fund last year for our athletes.
2017-20-18 MHS ABC Officers
President: Sarah Hills
Vice President – vacant
Treasurer: Pam Gray
Memberships/Promotions: Jennifer Ray
Concessions: Christina Knochel
Volunteer/Sports Rep Coordinator: Amy Beasley
You are welcome and encouraged to attend our meetings the 4th Monday of every month at Midland High in Room 223 at 7:00 P.M. If you are unable to attend a meeting, please click on the meeting date below to review the minutes from the meeting.
Meeting dates are as follows:
November 27, 2017
December – NO MEETING IN DECEMBER
January 22, 2018
February 26, 2018
March 26, 2018
April 23, 2018
May 28, 2018
MHS ABC Annual Report
2016-2017 School Year
Highlights for 2016-2017
- Approved a budget of $60,000 using these criteria
- Spirit Money for all teams
- Continued support of previously established uniform rotation. This year uniforms were volleyball, boys cross country, softball, boys soccer and boys basketball.
- Selected a couple of “big ticket” items to support (e.g. new softball scoreboard, relocate discus cage, $5000 towards Pole Vault Pads, swim lanes for the pool and trainer support)
- Making impact on maximum number of teams by paying entry fees, which would provide relief to the Athletic budget, resulting in more available funds for buses
- Replace coaching clinic budget with HUDL, silver school account level
- Approved funding of the following
- $12,.097 for gymnasium scoreboards
- $3,000 for trainer supplies
- $15,997.63 for uniforms in one year rotation
- $1,103 for tournament and entry fees
- $750 team recognition advertising fees for MDN
- $4,914.58 in team spirit money
- The annual Booster Bash event was held on March 24, 2017
- MHS Portion of 2016 Booster Bash funds was $30,000
- Raffle funds of $6,482 were deposited into team accounts according to their ticket sales
- Awarded two $500 senior scholarships
- Awarded 11- $100 summer camperships
The current board recommends the following for future years:
- To build an enthusiastic and energetic membership from within the Midland Community.
- Support activities deemed beneficial to the quality, safety and educational benefits of the athletic program to benefit as many athletes/programs as possible.
- Provide a forum for dialog among stakeholders. Give all teams access to all the booster club has to offer and assist in fundraising activities for the booster bash.
- Provide recognition for outstanding achievement.
- In cooperation with Midland Public Schools purchase selected items for our athletic program.
- Provide funding for limited scholarship award(s) to athlete(s) who demonstrate unique character and abilities. – 2 – $1000 and 2-$500 each year.