The spring sports season begins on Monday, March 12th.
The following must be complete by a Midland High School athlete in order to practice or try out:
- Completed Athletic Physical Form in athletic office
- Online Registration complete at www.chemics.net
Using “Mozilla Firefox” or “Google Chrome” browser,
- Look under the “MORE” tab on the top of the page
- Select and complete the “Athlete Online Registration” (under the “Athlete Registration” heading)
- Activity Fee Requirement complete (one of the following three)
- $150 paid online or in the athletic office
- 2017-18 Free and Reduced Lunch application completed and approved
- A written request (email) to the MHS Principal asking for a scholarship due to recent financial hardship
Athletes should stop in the athletic office well before their practice or try-out begins to verify completion of these requirements.
The Athletic Department will issue the athlete a “Gold Card” to be given to the athlete’s coach on the first day of practice. This card will grant permission for the athlete to begin practice/try out. No Card = No Practice.
Contact the head coach in each sport with specific questions regarding tryout locations and times and any preseason sign up meetings. Head coach emails are included in the information below.
The first day’s meeting location and time is listed below for each sport.
10th-12th grade: March 12th 3:00-6:00 @ Northwood University
9th grade team: March 12th 6:30-8:30 @ MHS gymnasium
Head Coach, Eric Albright: email@example.com
All teams: March 12th 6:00-9:00 @ Northwood University
Head Coach, Robin Allen: firstname.lastname@example.org
All players: March 12th 7:00-9:00 @ Tri City Sports Dome
Head Coach, Rodrigo Barassi: email@example.com
All participants: March 12th Meet in the loft at 3:30
Head Coach, Marty Hollenbeck: firstname.lastname@example.org
March 12: All grades 3:15 – 5:45 p.m. Meet in “blue room” in girls locker room
Head Coach, Diane Sugnet: email@example.com
9th-12th graders and their parents will meet on Monday, March 12th in MHS Cafeteria from 7:00 to 8:00pm.
Head Coach, Jeff Gandy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, March 12th: 3:30-5:00pm @ Tri City Sports Dome (Auburn)
Head Coach, Kurt Brillhart: email@example.com
Monday, March 12th: 5:30-7:30pm @ Midland High Turf or Aux Gym
Head Coach, Mackenzie Lipps: firstname.lastname@example.org
Week of 3/12/2018
Monday 3/12 5-6 PM (2 cts.) GMTC Returning Varsity Players+TBA
Tuesday 3/13 6-7:30 PM MHS LOFT All Players
Wednes 3/14 6-7:30 PM (2 cts.) GMTC Returning Players (TBA)
Thursday 3/15 4-5:30 PM (2 cts.) GMTC New Players (TBA)
Head Coach, Morgan Groulx: email@example.com