Lots of info/reminders coming your way
- PLEASE remember to register your son if you haven’t already – must do prior to them getting their GOLD CARD (see next bullet point). Instructions can be found at – http://chemics.net/2015/02/20/spring-sports-to-start/
- After registering your son, they need to go to the Athletics office to get a “GOLD CARD” to practice. This is very important – if they don’t have one, they will not be able to practice. Please encourage your son to do this BEFORE March 9th, as there may be a long line on that day with several other sports starting the same time. Also, there could always be a glitch (a signature missing, payment issues, etc.) that could delay the process, so it’s better to learn that before the 9th.
- Parent mtg – Thurs, March 12th at 7pm in little theater at MHS. We will be collecting $10 from each runner at the this meeting to help with the costs of: coaches gifts, Booster Baskets, Spaghetti Dinner, Banquet, Pizza for Graves/Swayze Relays, etc. If you can’t get to the meeting, the captains will try and collect at practice.
- Practice starts Monday, March 9th (meet in the loft) at 3:30 and finish at 5:00. There will be practice even though there will not be school that day.
- Prior to 3/9, there will still be optional practices on Tuesday and Thursdays from 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. We start both days in the weight room.
- Schedule – is on shutterfly and chemics.net
- Booster Bash – March 20th, 6:30, Dow Diamond. Please considering attending/supporting. More information can be found at – http://mpssportsboosters.com/. Boys Track donated a basket to the auction.
- Booster Bash – Raffle Tickets. Please consider purchasing/selling some raffle tickets if you haven’t already. $2 for every ticket you buy/sell, goes directly to the Boys Track team. If you need tickets, you or your son can get them at the Athletics office during school hours. Once you sell/buy, please turn in your money to the Athletics office as soon as you can, as the Bash is fast approaching. We will try and have some tickets available at the Parent Meeting also.
- Senior Scholarships (2- $500 awards) – awarded to one female and one male athlete each year and are selected by a committee formed from the Booster Club members. Only members who do not have senior are eligible to sit on this committee. The form is loaded on the front page of our shutterfly account. If you like for me to email it to you, just let me know and I’d be happy to.
- Camperships (20-$100 camp fund awards). $100 will be reimbursed once proof of payment to attend camp is received by the committee. This form is also on our page or I can email it to you.
- Spike Night at Runners – March 23 from 3 – 7. 10% off shoes, 20% off spikes and food and raffles.
- CommunityGives Youth Service Program – The Midland Area Community Foundation is awarding $1000 grants to sport teams that volunteer 50 hours to the Midland County community. We will be looking for opportunities for the Boys Track team to participate. If you have some ideas, please let Keith or I know.
- Please let me know if you’d like to be removed from this site, and/or know of any Freshman/new parents that should be added.
THANKS and THINK SPRING/TRACK